ESP32-S2 Parallel TFT with Touch(3.5'')
The 3.5" 320x480 TFT LCD driver is ILI9488, it uses 16bits parallel line for communication with ESP32-S2, the main clock could be up to 20MHz, make the display smooth enough for videos; You can freely use some of Mabee pins(A I2c and a IOs) with the breakout connectors, to connect the ESP32-S2 display with sensors/ actuators, suitable for IoT applications.
Model: Resistive: ESPTFT35RE
- Integrated ESP32-S2 with 2.4G WiFi
- Wi-Fi Protocols: 802.11b/g/n(802.11n up to 150Mbps),A-MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4us guard interval support
- Wi-Fi Frequency range: 2.402GHz - 2.483Ghz
- Arduino Compatible: You can play it with Arduino IDE
- LCD 3.5 inch Amorphous-TFT-LCD (Thin Film Transistor Liquid Crystal Display) for mobile-phone or handy electrical equipment
- LCD Driver: ILI9488(16bits parallel line)
- LCD Resolution: 320*480
- FT6236 Series ICs are single-chip capacitive touch panel controller IC with a built-in 16 bit enhanced Micro-controller unit (MCU)
- NS2009: A 4-wire resistive touch screen control circuit with I2C interface, which contains A 12-bit resolution A/D converter
- Power supply: 5V, Type-C USB
- Micro SD card slot on the board
- Dual USB Type-C: one for native USB and one for USB-to-UART
- Two Mabee interfaces
- Board size: 66mm * 85mm
Warning: Don't operate when in power supply on
NOTE: In order for the project to work normally, please install the same version.
1.Install the Arduino IDE V1.8.10.
2.Install the ESP32-S2 boards supporting V2.0.1
- After Arduino IDE installed, there is no package to support ESP32-S2, we need to install the ESP32 package in Arduino IDE to continue.
- Select “File>Preferences>settings>Additional Boards Manager URLs” to fill the link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_dev_index.json
- Click “Tools>Board>Boards Manager” to search for and install the ESP32 library:
- Click “Tools> Manager Libraries” to search for and install LovyanGFX library.
Graph on LCD
#define LGFX_USE_V1 #include <LovyanGFX.hpp> #include <vector> #define LCD_CS 37 #define LCD_BLK 45 #define LINE_COUNT 6 //Choice your touch IC #define NS2009_TOUCH //Resistive screen driver //#define FT6236_TOUCH //Capacitive screen driver
3. Verify it and upload.
If failed to upload the code as the picture, please upload again and try to press the Flash switch when the code is uploading.
4. After done uploading, reset the ESP32-S2 and you will get a graph on the screen.
Touch the screen
1. You can get the source code from our github:touch16_3.5
2. Copy the picture you want to show to the SD card. Insert the SD card into the board.
3. Open the file “\/simple_test/touch16_3.5” with Arduino IDE.
If you purchase a capacitive screen, make sure the code as below.
//#define NS2009_TOUCH //Resistive screen driver #define FT6236_TOUCH //Capacitive screen driver
If you purchase a resistive screen, make sure the code as below.
#define NS2009_TOUCH //Resistive screen driver //#define FT6236_TOUCH //Capacitive screen driver
4. Verify and upload the code, you can touch the screen.
File:ESP32-S2 Parallel TFT with Touch A014.GIF
SD card test
You can list your question here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technology support. Detailed descriptions of your question will be helped to solve your question.
- Q: Why the display fails to respond sometimes I touch.
- A: The touching interface is loose, please reconnect it.