Maduino Zero 4G LTE CAT1
Maduino Zero 4G LTE CAT1 integrated two types of the 4G LTE module SIM7600A or SIM7600E, SIM7600A/SIM7600E is a complete multi-band LTE-FDD/LTE-TDD/HSPA+/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS/GSM module solution in LCC type which supports LTE CAT1 up to 10Mbps for downlink and 5Mbps for uplink data transfer, much faster and popular than 2G.
- Data comes from wiki
Specifications for Data transfer
|HSPA+||5.76 Mbps||42 Mbps|
- Supports dial-up, phone, SMS, TCP, UDP, DTMF, HTTP, FTP, and so on
- Dual USB Type C port
- Control Via AT Commands
- Board USB supply voltage range: 4.8~5.5V, 5.0V Typical
- Board Battery supply voltage range: 3.4~4.2V, 3.7V Typical
- 3GPP E-UTRA Release 11
- Onboard charger, up to 1A charge current
- Overcharge protection(OCP), 4.3V
- Over-discharge protection(ODP), 2.5V
- Power Manager, the board can be supplied by USB or battery.
- IPEX Antenna, GSM/UMTS/LTE main antenna. UMTS/LTE auxiliary antenna. GNSS antenna
- SMS support
- Audio support
- On boarder controller: ATSAMD21G18A
- Audio chip: NAU8810
- Level Shifter: TXS0108E
Warning:Do not operate when in power on (don’t plug or unplug the Antenna, SIM Cars, SD Card, in case of short-circuiting that may burn the IC down.)
1. Plug the SIM card into the board.
2. Plug the GPS antenna into the interface.
3. Plug two 4G-GSM antennas into the main antenna interface and auxiliary one.
4. Plug the headphone with the microphone.
5. Plug the SD card into the SD card slot for SIM7600.
When powering the board and the SIM7600 module working, the onboard PWR LED will turn on. When the SIM working, the NET LED will flash.
How to use AT commands
For using AT commands by the serial communication, it needs to upload the sketch to this board. The sketch is available on GitHub.
1. Open the sketch by Arduino IDE.
2. Use Type-C USB cable to connect the board and PC, note plug the cable to USB-MCU interface.
3. Select "Tool --> Board --> Arduino Zero" and the port.
4. Verify the code and upload.
5. Open the serial monitor, send the AT command to the board, and it will print the module response.
6. There are some demos that show how to use the AT commands:
- AT commands test
- AT commands test
AT+CGMI // Request manufacturer identification AT+CGMM // Request model identification AT+CGSN // Request product serial number identification AT+CSUB // Request the module version and chip
AT+CPIN? // Request the state of the SIM card AT+CICCID // Read ICCID from SIM card AT+CNUM // Request the subscriber number AT+CNMP? // Preferred mode selection AT+COPS? // Check the current network operator
AT+IPREX? // Check local baud rate AT+CRESET // Reset the module
- Get the GNSS location
AT+CGPS=1 // Start GPS session AT+CGPSINFO // Get GPS fixed position information AT+CGPS=0 // Stop GPS session
- Send and receive SMS
- Note that is recommended to use other serial monitors not the Arduino IDE one to send the AT command for this demo.
AT+CSCA="XXXXXX" // Set the SMS service centre address AT+CMGF=1 // Select SMS message format AT+CMGS="xxxxxx" // Send message to "xxxxxx"(the receiver number).
- After sending the above AT commands, it will show ">" and then you can send your message. When you finish your message, you need to send "1A" with hexadecimal for confirming or send "1B" with hexadecimal for cancel, that is why recommended to use other serial monitor.
AT+CMGR=3 // Read message AT+CMGD=3 // Delete message
- Make a call
AT+CSDVC // Switch voice channel device AT+CSDVC=1 // 1-Handset, 3-Speaker phone AT+CLVL=2 // Set loudspeaker volume level to 2, the level range is 0 to 5
ATDxxxxx; // Call to xxxxx AT+CHUP // Hang up the call
AT+CLIP=1 // Calling line identification presentation ATA // Call answer
- HTTP test
AT+HTTPINIT // Initialize and start the HTTP AT+HTTPPARA="URL","http://www.makerfabs.com" // Set the URL AT+HTTPACTION=0 // Connect the HTTP. (0-get, 1-post, 2-head) AT+HTTPHEAD // Read the response's header. AT+HTTPREAD=0,3 // Read the content (“3” means the number of the reading data)
- Test the SD card for SIM7600
- When you plug an SD card into the SD card slot for SIM7600, You can use the following commands to check it.
AT+FSCD=D: // Select SD card directory as current directory AT+FSLS // List directories/files in current directory AT+CFTRANRX="D: TEST.txt",10 // Transfer a file to EFS AT+CFTRANTX="D: TEST.txt" // Transfer a file from EFS to host
- More AT commands detail please check here
Test microSD card of MCU
When you have plugged the microSD card into the microSD card slot of MCU, it can not use the AT commands to read or write. There is a demo shows how to read and write the microSD card for MCU.
- It is required to upload a sketch to the board. The sketch is available on GitHub.
- Open the sketch by Arduino IDE.
- Use Type-C USB cable to connect the board and PC, note plug the cable to USB-MCU interface.
- Select "Tool --> Board --> Arduino Zero" and the port.
- Verify the code and upload.
- Open the serial monitor, it will print the message of the SD writing and reading.
Surfing the internet
Maduino Zero 4G LTE CAT1 can be a wireless networking device to support the PC or Raspberry PI surfing the internet. Next, it will show how to do it.
- It needs to install the SIM7600 driver to the PC, the driver is available on Resources.
- Use Type-C USB cable to connect the board(USB-LTE) and PC, note plug the cable into the USB of MCU.
- Download the driver to the PC.
- Follow the below step to install the driver manually:
- 1. Open "Device Manager".
- 2. In "Device Manager", select "Other devices".
- 3. Right-click on and click "Update Driver Software".
- 4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
- 5. Paste the location address of the driver into the location field, then click "Next".
- 6. Wait until the driver installation process completes.
- If the PC does not connect to the internet through this device, please open the serial monitor and send the AT command to start the networking.
- If have not yet, please use the PPP dial-up connection way to start networking.
You can list your questions here or contact email@example.com for technology support. A detailed description of your question will be helped to solve.